Update from Administrator – November 11, 2020
11 November 2020
Dear Residents and Families,
As always, our team and I hope this email finds you safe and healthy.
We continue testing our staff on a weekly basis as required by CMS, CDC and DPH. During our regular testing, we were informed that a staff member has tested positive.
Social distancing guidelines, handwashing protocols, hygiene recommendations, and wearing masks in our center – are still STRONGLY enforced. I want to reiterate that this pandemic is still active and the state of Connecticut is reporting the beginning of a surge in new cases of COVID. This serves as a reminder that we must all remain vigilant in following all guidelines, recommendations, and best practices to stay safe and fight this pandemic.
As of November 6, 2020, Connecticut has initiated the Phase 2.1 protocol in response to this surge in cases. There are currently nearly 60 nursing homes across the state with positive cases of staff and/or residents.
Below is a brief overview of what we have done, and will continue to do, to ensure for everyone’s safety and health at South Shore.
- All residents and staff have been tested and we await their results.
- We will continue weekly testing to ensure for everyone’s wellbeing.
- We continue to audit our staff for proper PPE donning / doffing, hand hygiene, etc.
- Continue to require all staff to be screened before and during each shift – questionnaires and temperature checks.
- Out of an abundance of caution, the whole center is being monitored with additional vital signs taken per shift. Any residents near the affected residents are on specific COVID precautions.
- State and local health departments have been notified and consulted; we are following their guidance.
- Visitation Update:
- Outdoor visitation and outdoor group activities can continue.
- COVID positive/suspect residents or residents under a 14-day quarantine after a known exposure to a COVID case are excluded from indoor/outdoor visitation, group activities/dining, and rehab in the facility gym.
- Window visits and virtual visits with our tablets are in place.
- Residents will still receive individual visits for socialization and have individual activities offered to them. Tablets are available at the nurses’ station to be used by any resident who wishes to use them.
Please feel free to contact the facility to schedule an in person or virtual visit at 203-624-3303 or Info@MontoweseHRC.com.