Update from Administrator – May 17, 2021
May 17, 2021
We hope this week’s weather forecast remains true – as warmer days are ahead of us. This means more time outside in the fresh air for our residents! We encourage you to take advantage of the weather and schedule an outside visit with your loved one if possible.
By now, I am certain you heard the great news from our federal leadership late last week about updates to mask requirements. While we are as excited and enthusiastic about the news as you, we do not have any updated guidance from our Department of Public Health and the CDC and CMS specific to nursing homes.
We eagerly await the updated guidance on mask usage for those who have been fully vaccinated (two weeks past their second dose). If your loved one has not been vaccinated yet, please continue to give it serious consideration. We will continue to advocate and encourage any staff who have not received their vaccination to do so ASAP. We will also continue to provide the opportunity and availability of the vaccine to unvaccinated staff and residents.
Some updates for you:
- As mentioned earlier in this update, the CMS, CDC, and the State continue to update their guidance for nursing homes – and we will keep you up to date on any changes. If you are unfamiliar with our protocols, please ask us.
- Nothing has changed over the past week.
- We continue to explore ways to increase our visitation calendar, especially for outside visitations, which remains the preferred choice of visitation by CMS and our State DPH.
- We always offer visitations using our technology (iPads, tablets, calls, etc.) and when we can, window visits and outside visits.
- For visitation appointments, please contact:
- Our Therapeutic Recreation Department at 203-624-3303 x344.
Recreation / Activities:
- We are delighted to hold small, socially distanced group activities on our second floor.
- Outdoor activities are always encouraged and preferred by the CDC and CMS, however indoor events are currently taking place for our second-floor residents only, as we continue to follow the outbreak guidance for the first floor. First floor residents may only have outdoor visits if they are NOT on quarantine or observation. If they are on quarantine or observation, they must wait until they have fulfilled the quarantine time-period. If you have any questions, please call.
- We are excited to safely welcome back our volunteers and vendors including entertainment, clergy, artists, and instructors.
- A reminder to everyone that we do have various tablet devices for your loved one to utilize to access games, various communication tools, news, music, and more.
- We had an enjoyable week, last week celebrating Nursing Home Week. Residents participated in various games of fun and skill along with a chili cook-off competition, outside entertainment and a cook-out. The residents truly appeared to enjoy themselves!
We hope you have a great week and look forward to seeing you!!