Update from Administrator – March 31, 2021
March 31, 2021
Overall, there have been no significant changes to our center or our visitation plans, which are based on our state’s response to the CDC and CMS guidance. However, please note that over the past week, our community has seen an uptick in positive cases. We continue to monitor these numbers and urge you to wear your mask, socially distance, wash your hands frequently, and consider getting vaccinated.
While the long weekend ahead does not look to be the warmest on record, it does appear to be good for an outdoor visit 😊! Please take advantage of the weather as often as possible.
As we have in the past, updated and detailed CDC guidance as noted in the below link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/infection-control-after-vaccination.html.
As before, when an outbreak is detected among residents or staff, all visitations must be suspended except for compassionate care visits, until at least one round of facility-wide testing is completed. Outdoor visitation is not affected by an internal outbreak on a unit, while we await the results of the initial round of testing.
Our current visitation status is open and ongoing!
We always offer visitations using our technology (iPads, tablets, calls, etc.) and when we can, window visits and outside visits. If you do not have an appointment scheduled, please contact the Recreation Department at 203-624-3303 x344 to schedule an appointment for an outdoor visit, window visit or virtual visit.
We continue to take all necessary precautions, including wearing personal protective equipment, additional cleaning, hand washing and sanitizing, as well as and conducting regular testing of our staff and residents.
We want to provide some reminders about our visitation policy, based on requirements set by our state’s DPH and the CDC. We do apologize, but the below is to ensure that everyone has the opportunity for visits, under the strict state and federal guidelines to which we must adhere.
While we know this is not the optimal way to visit your loved one, these guidelines have been put in place with your loved ones’, and our staff’s best interest in mind. We continue to work with the state to ensure that we are following their guidance, but not being overly restrictive in the interpretation. Our goal is to get you back to visiting with your loved one.
To clarify: a “fully vaccinated” individual is defined as one who is two weeks post receiving a complete series of their vaccination dose(s).
- Call main phone number (reception desk) or email us at (Info@montowesehrc.com) to set up appointment.
- Available visiting times are 11:00am, 1:00pm, and 3:30, on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Flexibility in the times and days is available so please call the Recreation Department to discuss special requests.
- Residents may have up to 2 visitors at a time, and two visits per week per resident.
- Visiting can be up to 45 minutes long.
- Please, do not bring food or beverages to the visit, as masks must always remain on.
- Please do not bring cigarettes, clothing, or other items during the visit. Please leave these with the Receptionist for proper labeling and storing.
- Come to the building with mask on that covers your nose and mouth.
- When you arrive, please sanitize hands, fill out COVID exposure questionnaire and sign the one-time document acknowledging that you will follow the visiting guidelines.
- The receptionist will take your temperature.
- Go directly to the first-floor dining room. Please do not stop at the nurses’ station, or any other offices and please do not roam throughout the building; this has the potential to put others at risk.
- Please maintain social distancing during the visit. ** If your loved one is fully vaccinated (two weeks post receiving BOTH of their vaccination doses), you may have close contact with your loved one. Please continue to practice social distancing with our staff and any others you may encounter. This is for indoor and outdoor visitation.
- Remember, outside visits are always (weather permitting) the easiest way to visit your loved one and are NOT affected by an outbreak in the center.
- A staff member will be on hand to answer questions, assist during the visit, and sanitize in between visits.
- Our barber and beauty salon are open for appointments.
- We have a lovely meal planned this Sunday with special activities. This includes Baked Honey Ham with Scalloped potatoes and Lemon Meringue Pie as dessert. The alternative meal will be Roast Turkey.
- A reminder to everyone that we do have various tablet devices for your loved one to utilize to access games, various communication tools, music, news, and more. We have done some tutoring and training of the tablets so that residents are more comfortable with them.
- Some recreation programs updates:
- We continue to have small group activities throughout the day.
- We are offering BINGO, shuffleboard, and exercises in small groups.
- We have implemented an Assisted Dining Program to ensure residents with difficulty eating, requires queuing, or struggle with weight are addressed and closely monitored.
- We have started evening programing twice a week.
- We are awaiting the delivery of a canopy to increase outdoor utilization.
One last thing I would like to discuss…..we work diligently to protect resident belongings and need your assistance to maintain their belongings do not get misplaced. Any clothing brought into the facility should be given directly to the Receptionist. She will give you a receipt for the belongings and proceed to give the items directly to the Resident Services Supervisor for labeling; without labels, clothing going down to the laundry may not be returned to the proper individual. Though we make every effort to identify and keep clothing organized, it is extremely difficult with the number of residents; labeling is key.
For the safe keeping of valuables, please keep valuables at home. We can secure some items, but our space is limited. If your loved one is a long-term resident and would like to open a Resident Trust Account, please see our finance department.
Thank you and, as always, please stay safe and healthy!